10 reasons parents take their children to see a Chiropractor:
1. To increase their chances of good spinal posture as they grow
2. To boost their immune system potentially reducing the frequency of colds & ear-aches
3. To assist with alleviating colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome
4. To help with asthma, breathing, digestion & allergies
5. To improve the child’s ability to concentrate
6. To assist with behavioral disorders
7. To improve balance and co-ordination
8. To assist with sleeping & bed-wetting issues
9. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain & nerve development)
10. To support their overall health & wellbeing
Some adults ask how a Chiropractor could possibly help with these things. That’s a good question & the answer is simple: Whether you are 7 days or 7 decades old, your brain is running your body. It does this by sending messages down your spinal cord and out along the nerves between each of your spinal bones to give instructions to every cell, tissue & organ in your body. When this system is working optimally, we generally experience good health.
However if your spine is misaligned then it can interfere with this vital nerve communication and result in all sorts of symptoms, no matter what the age of your spine. For babies & children, a misaligned spine can affect anything from colic or irritability to inability to concentrate, headaches, bad sleep & more.
“How do kids get misaligned spines?”
A misalignment in your spine occurs as a part of normal daily life, such things as prolonged bad postures, learning to walk, knocks and falls, poor food choices, dehydration, exposure to chemicals and toxins, stress and anxiety. Often spinal misalignments begin from the birthing process especially when there is some intervention used.
Dr Erana Tupaea Chiropractor at Chiropractic Balance Mana is passionate about checking babies very soon after birth regardless of whether they have symptoms. ‘A check up after birth can ensure your baby has the best chance at optimal health’. Erana has special techniques for babies and children to carefully and gently correct any misaligned areas. Once the problem is corrected, children’s spines (like adults) also benefit from a regular check-up just like you see your dentist for a check-up to keep your child’s teeth healthy.
“I would like to get my child checked, how do I do this?”
At Chiropractic Balance, we look after people of all ages. To join our practice we start by doing a thorough examination of your child’s posture, movement, muscles and spine. The first appointment is $59 ($118 adult).
Give your child the best start possible through good spinal health & Chiropractic care.